Cognitive Restructuring is a process of changing subconscious thoughts.
The goal is to help people overcome faulty thinking errors by bringing them to a level of conscious awareness
of their incorrect programming.
ACCI's Cognitive Restructuring curriculum incorporates the following concepts
that are proven to successfully change lives:
- Each person has two minds; the conscious and the subconscious. The conscious mind belongs to you, but your subconscious belongs to your early environment and those who raised you.
- Much of who you are hasn't much to do with you. Negative programming is the major cause of low self respect, distorted thinking and self defeating thoughts and behaviors.
- The negative circumstances in your life are not all your fault. You are responsible for your actions, but others must take responsibility for some of your bad programming.
- You may not have control over your subconscious mind, but you do your conscious mind. Each accountable person knows right from wrong. Not everyone who comes from a dysfunctional home becomes a criminal. To become a criminal is a conscious choice.
- Life isn't fair. You didn't get to choose your parents or early environment. You didn't have control over your beginnings, but you do have control over your endings. There is no wrong you can do that is worth the price you have to pay for it.
- If you keep on doing what you have been doing, you will keep on getting what you have been getting. If you want to stop what your are getting, you will have to stop what you are doing. If you don't stop what you are doing, life will get harder and harder.
- Much of life is based on perception or belief and not necessarily the truth. You are not your bad memories or what other people say you are. The truth is you are many times better than you think you are. The more you find the truth about yourself the happier you will be.
- You can change who you are by changing what you are doing. You can change from doing wrong to right as soon as you want to. Excuses are only reasons why you don't want to change. You can change regardless of your circumstances. Life is what you make of it. If you are not successful and happy in this life, it is your fault.